Bad Parenting.
This little kid about 3 years old locked himself in one of our offices. Luckily there was a glass panel between us. The Mother was trying to teach the kid to open the latch but everytime the kid turned the latch, he would turn it half way and then lock the door again. My staff and I were running around trying to find the key for the door. I tried calling the construction supervisor to see if he had keys but he was out on a company golfing event. We tried to pick the lock but new use. All this time the kid was turning the door knob trying to get out and the Mom and Dad trying to give him instructions. Everybody was calm and polite in the beginning until the child started to cry and the mother started to panick which made the child cry even more. He started to bang on the window panel which we thought was dangerous so we would sit in front of the door and AGAIN point towards the latch. He would turn it just a little and then back to lock position. (So close and yet so far). I was getting frustrated at the end and decided it was time for another solution.
I mentioned to the Parents that I would like to call a Locksmith in but they would have to absorb the cost. The Mother suddenly stood up and yelled at me for not having a key. I apologized for not having a key because I wasn't there when the Sales Office was built a year and a half ago. She continued to yell at me saying "WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE A KEY"?!
"DON'T YOU HAVE OTHER CHILDREN VISITING YOUR SITE"!!!
At this point I was already at the end of my patience, yet still said in a calm tone of voice, "Yes we do, we are a very family oriented community". She then snuffed and snorted back at me and yelled, "THEN WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A KEY"?! "THIS IS DANGEROUS IF A CHILD LOCKS HIMSELF INSIDE!!!"
That did it. I finally said to her, "Listen, don't blame ME because YOU were NOT watching over your OWN KID!!!!" "You should take responsibility for your own ignorance!" "We are NOT a daycare centre here."
Anotherwords, she wasn't going to pay for the Locksmith. The Husband then gets involved by saying that he'll sue us. Riiiight!!
Excuse me, but YOU are on private property and if it weren't for YOU not paying attention to your own child, we wouldn't have to call for a Locksmith.
We finally got the the kid out and the mother just walks out without a thank you.
I can't blame the kid for being everywhere but it's really the parents responsility to "look after" their own kid. BITCH!
I mentioned to the Parents that I would like to call a Locksmith in but they would have to absorb the cost. The Mother suddenly stood up and yelled at me for not having a key. I apologized for not having a key because I wasn't there when the Sales Office was built a year and a half ago. She continued to yell at me saying "WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE A KEY"?!
"DON'T YOU HAVE OTHER CHILDREN VISITING YOUR SITE"!!!
At this point I was already at the end of my patience, yet still said in a calm tone of voice, "Yes we do, we are a very family oriented community". She then snuffed and snorted back at me and yelled, "THEN WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A KEY"?! "THIS IS DANGEROUS IF A CHILD LOCKS HIMSELF INSIDE!!!"
That did it. I finally said to her, "Listen, don't blame ME because YOU were NOT watching over your OWN KID!!!!" "You should take responsibility for your own ignorance!" "We are NOT a daycare centre here."
Anotherwords, she wasn't going to pay for the Locksmith. The Husband then gets involved by saying that he'll sue us. Riiiight!!
Excuse me, but YOU are on private property and if it weren't for YOU not paying attention to your own child, we wouldn't have to call for a Locksmith.
We finally got the the kid out and the mother just walks out without a thank you.
I can't blame the kid for being everywhere but it's really the parents responsility to "look after" their own kid. BITCH!

2 Comments:
Hey, great blog, I have an elimate spam comments site, it's called "delete those stupid comments."
crazy parents, I was waiting for you to bitch the mom out.
That is the worst. I hate bratty parents who can't control their snot nosed kids.
Post a Comment
<< Home